The Palccoyo trip is a new alternative route that includes a short walk over the reddish and colorful mountains of Palccoyo, beautiful rock formations with colorful stripes, and stunning views of the Ausangate snowcapped glaciers.
We will travel by vehicle from Cusco to Cusipata, where we will have breakfast before continuing on to Palccoyo, where we will walk briefly until we reach the colorful mountains of Palccoyo and the Stone Forest. After that, we will return to Cusipata for lunch before returning to Cusco. This tour is a full-day tour.
We will start at the agreed time in the morning, the tour guide will pick up you from your hotel, the travel will be around 2 hrs, our first stop will be in Cusipata, once we arrive we will take our breakfast that will be buffet, then we will continue to Checacupe village where we can visit the Inca – Colonial Bridge, here you will have a chance to buy some snacks, water or something you maybe forgot to buy in Cusco.
After this stop we will continue to the starting point for the hike, here we will prepare our backpacks and equipment for the hike, our guide will give a small briefing for the route, during our hike we will be able to see the Stunning Rainbow Mountains of Palccoyo and if we have enough energy we will visit the Stone Forest located in the highest point, from where we can take spectacular pictures from the mountains, you will have time to walk around the area and take pictures.
After the free time we need to come back to our bus that will carry us to Cusipata where we will take the lunch, after the lunch we will return to Cusco city we will arrive around 6:30 pm the final place will be “Plaza regocijo” located at 1 block away from the Main Square”.
Time Line Here!
- 4:30 am – Pick up at your hotel.
- 5:00 am – aprox Cusco to Cusipata by bus: around 2 hours.
- 7:00 am – Breakfast in Cusipata.
- 8:00 am – Cusipata to Palccoyo by bus: around 1 hour 15 min.
- 9:15 am – Begin hike to Palccoyo mountain: 30 – 45 minutes of easy walking.
- 10:00 am – arrive to the Palccoyo Rainbow Mountains.
- 11:00 am – Return to the starting point of the hike.
- 11:45 am – Return to Cusipata.
- 12:45 am – Lunch in Cusipata.
- 2:00 pm – Cusipata to Cusco by bus
- 4:30 pm – The tour ends at 1 block from the Main Square (Plaza Regocijo).
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco
- Private Roundtrip transportation
- English- Spanish speaking private tour guide
- Peruvian buffet breakfast and lunch
- Entrance tickets
- Walking sticks (Optional)
- personal bottle of water
- First aid kid and oxygen tank
- Extra water
WHat you need to bring
- Hiking Shoes
- Waterproof jacket or rain poncho
- Cap or hat
- money in local currency
PRIVATE SERVICEFrom 2 people
- Private Transportation
- Private Tour Guide
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance Ticket
Send us a message!
contact us, We will be happy to plan your trip for you!
Follow on Social