The “Rainbow Mountain” in Peru, also known as Vinicunca, is an spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people, is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco.
Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues until nowadays.
Most trips that let you see the “Rainbow Mountain” requires a trek of at least five or six days. That has changed with this new itinerary. We have designed for this walk, so now that it can be done as a day trip.
On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful “adobe” houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
we will begin the pick up early at 4:00 am, we will pass by your hotel, then we will continue the tour to Cusipata that will be our first stop in the route, here we will take our breakfast then we will go to the starting point for the hike located approximately at 1 hour from Cusipata, once we arrive we will have time to prepare our equipment to go the the top of the mountain, our guide will give a small briefing about the tour before begin, in the top of the mountain you will have time to take pictures and walk around the place, after some time we will descend the mountain to take the bus and return to Cusipata where we will take the lunch, after the lunch we will return to Cusco city, the drop off place is located at one block from the Main Square (Plaza Regocijo), we will arrive around 4:30 pm.
Time Line Here!
Accordion item 1
- we start at the time we agreed, the pick up will be from your hotel and departure from Cusco to Cusipata town.
- 06:30 am. Breakfast for 01 hours at Cusipata Town. (3300 metters over the sea level).
- 07:30 am. After breakfast we continue the journey thru a dusty road for 1.5 hours untill “Fulawasi” (Hiking Starting Point).
- 08:50 am. we arrive to “Fulawasi” (Stating hiking point) and will have and small speech with our guide continue with our adventure.
- 09:00 am. You will star the 02 hours hike on the 4700 metters over the sea level.
- 11:00 am. arrive to the “Rainbow Mountain” over the 5200 metters over the sea level and explanation from our guide.
- 12:00 pm. Return from the the “Rainbow Mountain” to Fulawasi. (1.5 hours of hike).
- 13:30 pm. Arrive to Fulawasi.
- 13:40 pm. Transfer from Fulawasi to the restaurant in Cusipata..
- 14:30 pm. Arrive to Cusipata for the Lunch.
- 15:30 pm. Finish the lunch and transfer from Cusipata to Cusco city.
- Private Transport (roundtrip)
- 01 breakfast
- 01 Lunch
- Professional guide English – Spanish.
- Entrance ticket to the Rainbow Mountain.
- Walking Sticks.
- 01 small bottle of water.
- Portable Oxygen.
- First aid Kit.
- Therapeutic Oxygen.
- Horses S/. 120.00 ( We do not rent the horses, but you can find them at the starting point of the hike).
- Food undescribed
- Phone calls
- Travel and accident insurance
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
- Hiking Shoes
- Small backpack
- Rain poncho or Waterproof jacket
- Some extra money in local currency
PRIVATE SERVICEFrom 2 People
- Private Transportation
- Private Tour Guide
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance Ticket
Send us a message!
contact us, We will be happy to plan your trip for you!
Follow on Social